The EMEA Cash Cycle Seminar (ICCOS) 2015 has attracted some great attention for the various stakeholders in the currency industry and we are pleased to announce that the agenda is almost full. This years’ Cash Cycle Seminar,Â which takes place from February 24 â€“ 27, 2015 in Milan, Italy will feature many interesting and thought-provoking presentations. With the success of the last event, which attracted a total of 224 delegates from 34 countries, the Organisers of the EMEA Cash Cycle Seminar are determined to continue bringing together all stakeholders in the cash cycle to network, learn and engage within the industry.
Mr. Gonzalo Santamaria, Vice President of Currency Research, feels that â€œthe unique and complex cash cycle in Italy proves once more that a forum to discuss the pan-european issues and challenges is ever more critical. From efficiencies and security in cash collection, CiT outsourcing, certifying fitness and authentication compliance measures or understanding how banknote design and production affects the cash cycle, the ICCOS platform is perfectly positioned to unite the key players and allow the opportunity to share best practices as well as network with these peers.â€
By focusing on key trends in the industry, this yearâ€™s agenda covers a wide range of topics and ideas from across these vast regions, as well as global presenters to give their perspectives. Confirmed presentations are:
- Welcome Remarks by Mrs. Letizia Radoni- Head of Directorate General for Currency Circulation at Banca d’Italia
- Keynote AddressÂ by Mrs. Enrica Teresa Vignoli – Head of Currency and Issue Department at Banca d’Italia
- The Cash Cycle In Germany: A Focus On The Role Of CIT CompaniesÂ by Dr. Harald Olschok – Managing Director of BDGW – Association of German Cash Services Industry
- How NFC Can Work With ATM’s To Improve Security And Remove The Need For CardsÂ by Mr. Ron Delnevo – Executive Director Europe of ATMIA
- Benefits Of IBNS System In Retail And TransportÂ by Mr. Antonio Staino – President of Assovalori
- Taxidia: Developments, Benefits And Future Applications For The New Cash Order Automated SolutionÂ by Mr. Jens Seidl – Managing Director of Travelex
- Cost Saving Through Economy Of Scale And Resource Sharing: A Cooperative CIT/CP Services Model For BanksÂ by Mr. Levent Oskay – General Manager at Bantas
- The Polymer Tide Is Rising…Should Europe Ditch Paper Banknotes For Plastic?Â by Mr. Mark Trevor – Commercial Director at Vaultex
- Recent Global Payment TrendsÂ by Ms. Eugenie Foster – Executive Director at International Association of Currency Affairs
- Perception And Behaviour Towards Cash. Results of a Retailer Survey on the Use of CashÂ by Esther van den Kommer – Senior Policy Maker at De Nederlandsche Bank
- Adaption Of Banknote Handling And Vending Machines To New Banknotes: The Europa Series ExperienceÂ by Mr. Allister McCallum – Head of Issue and Circulation at ECB
- Toward A New Banknote Series In Israel – Issuance Considerations And Lessons Learned From The New NIS 50 BanknoteÂ by Mr. Ilan Steiner – Head of Currency Department at Bank of IsraelÂ
- Preparing for Polymer: the Bank of England decision and planning for its next new banknotes, by Sara Huggins and Ronan McClintock â€“ Banknote Transition Managers at the Bank of England
- Designing Banknotes For The Cash Cycle – How To Create The ‘Gesamtkunstwerk’Â by Mr. Marc Mittelstaedt – Head of Banknote Design at Giesecke & Devrient
The sponsor group, which is comprised of industry leading suppliers, will be showcasing their latest technology and solutions forÂ the industry, not only through their presence in the exhibit hall where delegates can interact with the technology and engage with the suppliers, but also through informative breakout sessions. Sponsor breakout sessions provide a chance for an in-depth look at innovations and conceptual discussions. Confirmed breakout sessions include:
- Banknote Architecture Built For The Cash CycleÂ – Giesecke & Devrient
- Know Where Your Cash Is! Full Transparency – How Software Empowers You To Take The Right DecisionsÂ – Giesecke & Devrient
- Banknotes Circulation For The 21st Century: It’s Not The SameÂ – Giesecke & Devrient
- The Changing Face Of Wholesale Banknotes And How To Control The Compliance BurdenÂ – IMX Software
- How Do You Manage The Quality And Authenticity Of Notes In Circulation In Support Of National “Clean Note” StrategiesÂ – Innovia Systems
- RFID In Cash-Centre – Failed Technology or Profitable Investment?Â – Orfix International(Closed to Competitors)
- Innovation For End-To-End Cash Supply Chain OptimizationÂ – PlanfocusÂ (Closed to Competitors)
- ATM Cost OptimizationÂ – Sautner & PartnerÂ (Closed to Competitors)
- What Are Currency Processing Manufacturers Missing?Â Toshiba
- Cash Enterprise 2.0: Get Your Technology Strategy Ready!Â Transtrack International
Other Breakout Meetings will be conducted by Debatin, Sargent & Greenleaf, Glory Global Solutions, De La Rue and NCR.
Following on from the feedback received by many delegates over the past few events, we are pleased to be offering a new addition to the diverse range of educational offerings.
This symposium is FREE to all registered delegates, so we invite delegates to stay to learn more about the beginning stage of the cash cycle.
As well as this addition on the last day of the seminar, we are pleased to be bringing a new Pre-Seminar Workshop.
This workshop is an optional program for delegates. Led by Currency Research staff experts, this workshop offers a more intimate setting forÂ an in-depth analysis and discussion toÂ create a deeper understanding of differing methods of adapting the cash processing workflow to meet cash center requirements. Please note: These workshops are atÂ additional cost and as such are NOT included in the ICCOS registration.
The Banca dâ€™Italia has also kindly opened the doors of their Cash Handling Facilities of the Piacenza branch for a Tour for the EMEA Cash Cycle Seminar delegates. This tour will be offered on Tuesday Feb 24th and has limited places, so please make sure to register soon â€“ you can add the tour to your programÂ during the initial on-site ICCOS registration process.
We invite all our industry colleagues to join us in Milan for the premier cash cycle seminar in this region! We invite youÂ to visit our website for more details.
Cash Cycle Seminar Photos from ICCOS 2014 in Istanbul Turkey