The next few months will feature some of the best currency focused events of the 2013 / 2014 conference season. In this article we hope to offer some insight into the upcoming ICCOS events in Miami, Bangkok and Istanbul. Currency operations executives who have attended these events in the past already know the enormous value ICCOS represents in information, education and networking. For all others who have considered attending (and for those who have not) we encourage you to make these events a “must attend” priority. There are very few currency-specific conferences (ICCOS Americas, ICCOS Asia, ICCOS EMEA, The Banknote Conference and The Currency Conference) and the value they offer to our industry is vital and significant. In addition, we at Counting On Currency are proud to be associated with them all as Media Sponsors. Following is a summary of the next three events:
ICCOS Americas – Miami Florida
September 16th to 19th 2013
- Federal Reserve Long Term Strategy:Â Supply Chain and Operations Efficiency Improvements
- by Mark Gould, Senior Vice President and Deputy Product Manager, Federal Reserve System Cash Product Office, and Roland Costa, Senior Vice President, Currency Technology Office, a division of the System Cash Product Office
- Cash Planning in a Dynamic Risk EnvironmentÂ by Debra Box, Cash and Transportation Services Executive, and Deirdre Spehar, Senior Group Operations Manager, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- UCBI Case Study in Simplifying Cash Management for MerchantsÂ by Jeanette Garrett, Vice President – Manager of Corporate Services Support, United Community Bank, Inc. and Louis Layton, Director Product Management – Treasury & Logistic Solutions, Fiserv
- Bringing the Law Enforcement Community on BoardÂ by Mr. Michael Duncan, Assistant Director, Compliance Currency Department, Bank of Canada
- Prospects and Challenges of Cash Usage in the Nigerian EconomyÂ by Mrs. Bilkisu Usman, Assistant Director, Head R&D Office Currency Operations Department, Central Bank of Nigeria
- Remote Cash Capture Evolution and the Benefits to RetailersÂ TodayÂ by Robert Norman, Fifth Third Bank
- Issuance of the New US $100Â NoteÂ by Shaun Ferrari, Assistant Director, US Federal Reserve Board
- Outsourcing Cash Vault ServicesÂ by Bruce Nolan, Vice President, National Cash Management Services, Dunbar Cash Vault Services
- International Payments Update: Implications for the United StatesÂ by Eugenie Foster, Executive Director, International Association of Currency Affairs
- Law Enforcement’s Recent Focus On Bulk Currency and Best Practices in Responding to a Government InquiryÂ by Bill Roppolo, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- The Importance of Cash in a Multi-Channel Retail Banking EnvironmentÂ Â by David Tente. Executive Director, ATMIA, USA
- Working with polymer in the banknote supply chainÂ by Chris Catlin, Head of PolyTeQ Central Banking Services, PolyTeQ Services
- The Cash Cycle And How the CIT Companies Add Value in the Supply ChainÂ by Alejandro Agudelo Rojas, Director General, LogÃsitica de Valores y GestiÃ³n de Efectivo, Prosegur Colombia
- Mexico Consumer Cash Habits: Findings and InsightsÂ by Benjamin D. Mazzotta, Institute for Business in the Global Context (IBGC), Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
- Click, Cash, Complete…Â by Joann Allen, Teller Operations Support Manager, Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union and Enrique Cano, Head of International Sales, CTS Cashpro
ICCOS Asia – Bangkok Thailand
November 11th to 13th 2013
Early Rates expire on Sept 15th
Currency Research will be conducting ICCOS Asia 2013 – The Cash Cycle Seminar at the Hotel Centara Grand @ CentralWorld in Bangkok, Thailand from November 11 â€“ 13, 2013. The last seminar was in Manila and as one CMC delegate commented, it was â€œexcellent for building networks and (to) gain insight and understand changes in the industryâ€.Â Manila was attended by 208 delegates from Central Banks, Commercial Banks, Cash Management Companies (including CiTs) and leading industry suppliers, and this seminar is shaping up to be a huge success, with over 140 delegates from 25 countries already registered! ICCOS Bangkok will provide the perfect opportunity to engage with your industry colleagues, participate in the future of the industry and learn about new and innovative technologies.
The interesting and relevant agenda includes presentations such as:
- Welcome Remarks and Keynote Addressby Deputy Governor,Â Bank of Thailand
- Stakeholder Outreach Programby Reserve Bank of Australia
- The Present and Future of the Chinese Cash Supply Chain by PBoC and Southwestern University of Finance and Economics
- The Cash Industry and Financial Crime – Should the Industry Be Doing More? by Aub Chapman Consulting
- How Payment System and Currency Distribution is Being Developed to Support Financial Inclusion
- Cash Optimization in Pooling Branch to Maintain Liquidity and Efficiency in a Commercial Bank by Bank Mandiri
- ATM Fraud â€“ What Can Be Done and Who Is Responsible? by Asia Cash Management Association
- Implementing Cash Optimization Strategy at one of the Largest Banks in North America
- High Performance Banking in 2015 by Glory Global Solutions
- Multiparty Cash Solutions by G4S Secure Solutions
- Efficient & Secure Currency Processing Solutions for Asia by Giesecke & Devrient
Along with the multitude of offerings in the General Session and Sponsor Breakout Meetings, ICCOS Asia is also offering three pre-ICCOS Workshops:
- How the Security Industry can take advantage of the Commercial Bankâ€™s cash cycle outsource market and satisfy compliance requirements
- Current trends in cash recycling: benefits and considerations for all parties involved in handling cash
- Automation at the bank branch: costs, benefits and regulatory update.
ICCOS Asia is also proud to host the 3rd meeting of the Asian Cash Management Association on November 12th. All Cash Management Company delegates (including CiTs) are invited to attend the meeting to discuss the development of this association.
â€œICCOS Asia is the only educational seminar in the region focusing on the cash cycle, promoting efficiency and security in cash operations by central banks, commercial banks, CMCs/CiTs and othersâ€ says Tan Chee Meng, the Managing Director of Asia. As such, it is the ideal place to network, participate and learn with your national and international industry peers. Ensure you register before October 11th to avoid late registration charges. For more information, please visit their website: www.asia.iccos.com.
ICCOS EMEA – Istanbul Turkey
February 24th to 26th 2014
Early Rates expire on Sept 15th
Join us at the SwissÃ´tel – The Bosphorus in Istanbul, Turkey for ICCOS EMEA 2014, the premier seminar focused on the Cash Cycle. Best practices, challenges, issues, case studies and innovations within cash management strategies will be presented during the Plenary Sessions. In parallel, a vendor exhibition area will highlight the industry leading companies and showcase their world-class products, services and solutions.
The ICCOS event is being supported by several local associations such as the GUSOD (Turkish Security Association) CIT Committee comprising 100% of CIT companies, Participation Banks Association of Turkey (TÃ¼rkiye Katilim Bankalari Birligi) and the Association of Turkish Banks (TÃ¼rkiye Bakalar Birligi).
GENERAL SESSION TOPICS TO BE PRESENTED IN INSTANBUL INCLUDE:
- Welcome and Keynote AddressÂ by the Central Bank of Turkey
- Efficiencies in Retail Cash Management and Importance of Business Partnership with CMCÂ by Decathlon Turkey
- Trends in Cash and Other Payments: Perspective from IACAÂ by Executive Director of International Association of Currency Affairs
- Process Innovation with use of Technology: Paperless Business Environment for Secure Cash and Logistics CompaniesÂ by BANTAS
- Customer Migration from Branch Teller to ATM:Â Experiences and Lessons LearnedÂ by TEB (BNP Paribas)
- Business Continuity in Cash Environment- The Federal Reserve System ExperienceÂ by the Assistant Vice President of the Federal Reserve System in New York (EROC).
- Structure and Recent Developments of the Cash Model in Italy- Maintaining control of Quality and Authenticity of Banknotes in CirculationÂ by the Head of Cash and Issue Depâ€™t, Banca dâ€™Italia
- The Impact of Payment Innovation on Consumer Cash Use: Turkey Case StudyÂ by Senior Vice President of LOOMIS
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION PANELS INCLUDE:
- Counterfeit Deterrence: The View of Various Industry Players
- Outsourcing vs In House Cash Management: Views and Best Practices